1. Solar energy is received by the earth through
2. The Sun and the Planets revolving round it are known as………..
The Solar System
3. This of the following planets has almost the same mass, siz and density as the Earth?
4. How many times is the mass of the earth greater than that of the moon?
5. How much time does the Moon take to go around the earth?
6. What is known as a ‘shooting star’?
7. What are dirty snowballs or icebergs in the sky?
8. Which theory about the origin of the universe is widely accepted today?
Big Bang theory
9. What is the shape of a planet’s orbit around the sun?
10. Which planet’s rings are the most easy to see?
11. What is the temperature of the surface of the sun?
12. Galileo Satellies, named after their discoverer, are four large moons of the planrt?
13. Name the layer of the atmosphere where all weather phenomena take place
14. What is the shape of the Earth?
15. The difference between the equatorial and polar diameters of earth is………
16. Which gas in the atmosphere absorbs ultraviolet rays?
17. Latitudes are also known as,
18. Longitudes are also known as,
19. The Great Circle is the name for,
20. The coldest region of the atmosphere
21. The outermost layer of the Earth on which on our continents are seen is,
22. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is also known as,
23. Which of the following is rich in ozone layer?
24. The lowest layer of atmosphere is:
25. The normal pressure at the sea level