Fullform for POLICE
Police, being a state subject under the construction, therefore, police is maintained and controlled by the state. The head of Police force in a state is the Director General of Police (DGP) or Inspector General of Police (IG). In Kerala, Police Force is headed by the Director General of Police (DGP). All senior police posts in various states are included in the Indian Police Service (IPS) cadres, recruitment for which is made on all India bases.
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel National Police Academy is the premier police training institute in the country which imparts both basic as well as in service training to Indian Police Service Officers. It was established in 1948 at Mount abu, Rajasthan, and it was shifted to Hyderabad in 1975.
- Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) was setup on 1st November 1985 to provide speedy and inexpensive justice to the Central Government employees in respect of their service matters. The principal Bench of CAT is in the New Delhi.
- Black Cats are responsible for the protection of VIPs in India.
- Summons is an order by a court to ask a person appear before it.
- Warrant is an order issued by a court to a police officer to produce a person before it.
- First Information Report (FIR). It is a report first prepared by a police officer regarding a crime or a murder.
- The first IPS officer in Kerala is Sree Lekha.
- Oliver H. Bensley becomes the first Superintendent of Police for the State of Travancore in 1881. Khan Bahadur Syyid Abdul Karim Suhrawardy becomes the first Inspector General of Police of Travancore in 1938.
- The Kerala Police Academy is situated at Trissur. The motto of the force id Mridhu bhave dhrida karma which means “Soft in Temperament , Firm in Action” in Sanskrit.
- Kerala Police Housing and Construction Corporation Ltd was Incorporated on 2ndJuly 1990. The registered office of the Company is situated at Wheel House, TC.24/239, Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The fullform of AK 47 – Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947.
- Penology means prison management and criminal rehabitation.
- The first modern police force is also commonly said to be the London Metropolitan Police, established in 1829.
- The first police force comparable to present-day police was established in1667 under King Louis XIV in France.
- The all India Police Memorial situated in Delhi.
- The National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (Formerly the ‘Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science’) came into existence on 4th January 1972.
- The Gestapo was established on 26th April 1933, in Prussia, from the existing organization of the Prussian Secret Police.
- New Scotland Yard or Scotland Yard, formally known as The Yard, is the headquarters of the Metropolitan Police Service, responsible for policing Greater Landon. Scotland Yard was funded along with the Metropolitan Police by Sir Robert Peel, with the help of Francois-Eugene Vidocq.
- The national association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) was founded in Chicago in1893 as the national Chiefs of Police Union.
- Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is India’s external intelligence agency. Research and Analysis Wing was therefore created as an independent unit in September 1968 from the Intelligence Bureau. This handled both internal and external intelligence. Its headquarters are on Lodhi Road in New Delhi. Mr.R.N. Kao was the founder of Research and Analysis Wing and he was the first director of RAW. The current director of the organization is Ashok Chaturvedi, an IPS officer who later joined the Research and Analysis Service (RAS).
- Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya is the first women to become DGP of a state, the second to join the I.P.S. in 1973 and the first women IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh Cadre.