Download current affairs 2014
- Who was sworn in as the chief minister of Uttarakhand?.
Harish Raw at (India National Congress). * (He succeeded Vijay Bahuguna.)
- India’s first monorail service was inaugurated in which city?
Mumbai * (The initial phase is 8.93 km long. It runs between Wadala and Chembur. )
- World Wetland Day was celebrated on --------?
- Which team won the 2014 Reni Trophy cricket tournament?
Karnataka. * (They defeated Maharashtra by seven wickets.)
- Inducted to the umpire’s panel international Cricket Council (ICC)?
Kathy Cross (New Zealand)
- Who was conferred this year’s ICP Raman Jan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries?
An and Kumar. *(He is the founder of Super 30, an institute that offers free residential mentoring on how to crack the entrance test for lilts to 30 students selected from underprivileged families each year.)
- As per the decision taken by the Government of India officers of IAS, IPS and IFS will have tenure of minimum how many years at each posting?
- Which person of Indian origin got the prestigious South African award Amadelakufa?
Ella Gandhi *(She is the granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi. She is the granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi she was awarded for her lifetime contribution to the freedom struggle in South Africa. Amadelakufa means sacrifice in Zulu.)
- The Fund recently launched by the National innovation Council (Nlnc) and the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises?
India Inclusive Innovation Fund
- World Cancer Day was observed on-------?
- Which Union Ministry has launched the National Mission on Libraries?
Union Ministry of Culture
- China is celebrating their current lunar year as the year of------------?
- The torch of the 2014 Winter Olympics was taken during its relay, to the summit which peak in Russia?
Mount Elbrus. * (It is the highest peak in Russia.)
- The Government of India has increased the quota of subsidized domestic LPG cylinders to------- annually per household?
- Which African country has recently recognized Indian Rupee as their legal tender in trade? Zimbabwe
- Which state government has recently introduced Samajwadi Pension scheme for the rural poor?
- Which Indian was appointed by the United Nations as special advisor on cyber security? Vivek Lall
- Who won the Winnipeg Open squash title?
- Which American actor who 2005 Oscar award for best actor for the film Capote, passed away recently?
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
- Which American folk singer and activist who is most responsible for popularizing the song we shall overcome?