- Which two U.S newspapers shared the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service this year, for their articles on the National Security Agency’s secret surveillance activities based on the leaks of Edward Snowden?
ANS. The Washington Post and the Guardian
- Who is appointed as the new Chief Justice of India?
ANS. Justice R.M. Lodha. He succeeded Justice P Sathasivam
- Which Indian born poet won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize in the poetry category?
ANS.Vijay Seshadri. He got the award for the collection of poems named 3 Sections.
- Justice G. Rohini has been appointed as the first woman Chief Justice of which High Court?
- The Supreme Court of India has recently recognized the third gender status for……..?
- Which team won the National Syed Mustaq Ali Cricket T20 trophy?
- Who authored the book, The Accidental Prime Minister: The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh?
- Which film lyricist and director has been chosen for the Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2013?
ANS.Gulzar. His real name is Sampooran Singh Kalra
- Which Indian businessman was honored by Knight Grand Cross one of UK’s highest civilian awards?
- Who was appointed as the chairman of NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) for 2014-15?
ANS. R. Chandrasekaran. He is the Executive Vice- Chairman of Cognizant India.
- Who has recently become the first Indian to feature on the cover of wisden Cricketeers’ Almanack?
- What is the name given to the dedicated unit set up by the CBI to investigate the cases related to fraud in sports including betting and match fixing?
ANS.Sport integrity Unit
ANS.Professor Stuart Parkin
- Who got Millenieum Technology Prize2013?
- The new football league organized by the International Management Group and Reliance industries, on the lines of the Indian Premier League?
ANS.Indian Super League. The eight franchisees of the league are Delhi, Bengaluru, Goa,Kolkata , Kochi, Guwahati, Mumbai and Pune.
- The book Crusader or Conspirator.? Coalgate and Other Truths is written by ……?
ANS. P.C Parekh. He is the former Coal Secretary of India
- What is the name of the robotic submarine launched in April to locate the debris of the missing Malaysian Airline MH370?
- Which African country had a week of official mourning to mark the 20th anniversary of the genocide, in which at last eight lakh people had been killed?
- International Day of Human Space Flight was observed on ……….?
- Foldoscope, developed by a team lad by the Indian origin scientist Manu Prakash in Stanford University is the low cost version of which instrument?
- World Hemophilia Day was observed on ….?